24 July 2012

Skater Girls

I had a brief encounter with skateboarding when I was 14. My parents bought me one in Dublin for my 14th birthday. My whole life was about Blink 182, I was going through a full blown skater girl stage and my dad brought me a cream and white Yamaha Pacifica (the ultimate guitar for beginners, and which I still have in my room at home along with my Blink 182 and Brand New posters). 



I didn't make it far with the skateboarding or the guitar and I completely regret not sticking with both. Not that I want to be a skateboarder or a guitarist but they would be pretty cool to add to my list of skills. And I was so much braver when I was younger, I fell off and scraped my elbows so many times and it didn't bother me, I just went for it again, the idea of doing that now scares the shit out of me, I can barely ride a bike. I've got so much respect for girls my age who are good at skateboarding because they obviously stuck it out for the years that I didn't and trust me it is so so difficult to even get past the basics of skateboarding. 
Anyway there's my daily musings...the point of this post was to share some skate inspiration and these are some images which have been popping up all over the web. Enjoy :) xx











No comments: